Sunday, October 31, 2010

Overview

Overview of the visual essay project:
I really enjoyed working on this project. Why? well one of the reasons i would say is becuase i like to take pictures. And i've noticed now, that when i've been driving around town, and i see some statue or waterfall- i'm like hey, that's public art. I guess i never really realized how much public art means to our society.
I also liked some people's topics they chose, including just focusing on benches, street lamps, or even stairs. It never really occurred to me that benches or street lamps or even stairs could be considered as public art. But I now have realized that not only are those things considered to be part of public art, but many other things as well.
I think that everyone did a great job on their presentations. I thought that a lot of people would have the same images, or even the same topics, but even if they had the same images (which weren't as many as i thought there would be), they would be taken from a different perspective or that person's topic was different. So essentially, the same object was part of two different areas of public art.

No comments: