Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Presentation

I think my presentation went well. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I was really nervous about presenting, but once I got up there, i was fine. And the time up there went by really fast. My topic was different types of public art thats found on campus and how this creates an identity for who we are as college students. I started off by talking about public art objects that seemed pretty obvious, and then I slowly moved onto other forms that weren't really so obvious, ending with the Tech trolley. When i first took a picture of the trolley, I didn't really think i would be using it as part of this project, cause it didn't seem like it would be considered public art. But then i realized that it was because someone somewhere took the time to design the way it looks. It's not an ordinary bus, and it's available to students throughout campus. It creates an identity for who we are as GT students.
I wasn't really sure what my theme was going to be either. But as i took pictures around campus, i realized that we have a variety of public art here and how it's really an important part of this college campus.


No comments: